Saturday, May 19, 2012

The Spiritual Widow

Our churches are full of faithful women. Some are single moms, while others have unsaved husbands. Many are married to believers who have strayed from God. I trully believe God will one day reward the faithfulness of these "spiritual widows".

I guess I am burdened for these Godly women since I was raised in this type of home. I can remember my mom ensuring we were in Gods house pretty much everytime the doors were open. My father was an alcoholic and was not very involved. So many mothers, just like mine, are basically doing it alone. They just keep on moving forward through the pain.

I know today it is difficult to maintain a strong Christian family, even with two like-minded parents. Our homes are under a spiritual attack. Even in the best situations challenges arise. Imagine the struggles for the ones flying solo. This is why the church family is meant to strengthen each other. The spiritual widows need our compassion. They also need our support, but mostly they need our prayers. I can't imagine the pain of some just hoping and praying, year after year, that their mate will step up and fulfill their role.

So many of our problems today are not always from the bad things people do. It is often from the things that are not done. The failure to act among men is destroying our families. The combination of Satan's easy access through modern technology and sideline fathers not standing in the gaps, creates a difficult atmosphere for our children to be victorious. Let's encourage and pray for these families. God can fix any family with willing participants.

2 comments:

  1. Mike and I talk often about several of the points you bring up. We see just what you are talking about. Sadly, I hear several of the women in my Bible study group ask for prayer that their husband will step up and lead their family spiritually. Thanks for the encouragement to pray for them. You are so right about how hard it is with two like-minded people trying to raise their kids in the best way they can. It is overwhelming to think how hard it must be for these women. I don't doubt that my Aunt R will have many crowns in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim, you have touched my heart, as I am one of those spiritual widows. It hasn't always been easy during these past 35+ years of my Christian life, but God has always been there with me and I trust Him to see me through until the end. It is He who I give the glory. You have blessed my heart with this post. It encourages me even more to know that someone sees and cares as you do. God will surely continue to bless you and reward you for the words that you post in your blog that touch hearts.

    ReplyDelete